Welcome to 2020 and into the new decade! American Cup Car Racing has grown from strength to strength over the years and we look to the next decade with much anticipation! We’re very excited to see a new title sponsor for the European Championship as we welcome Hallek Electrical Services to the ACCR family. We would also like to give a special mention to all the drivers and sponsors that have supported the series over the years!
We take these first hours of the year to remember the amazing year long battle that Steve Stanford (#22, SAS Who Dares Wins) and Mark Carnwell (#65, SRD International) fought in the 2019 One Stop Site Services ACC European Championship. Coming down to the final heat of the year at Birmingham Wheels Park in November, it was the #22 who took final victory in a nail biting 20 lap race! It was also the year of the rookies, both Lincolnshire Corvette drivers Adam Slater (#24) and Paul Allen (#25) were in contention for Semi-Pro honours with the former getting the better of his teammate.
Many trophies were up for grabs at the presentation evening at the end of November with many worthy winners:
– One Stop Site Services ACC European Champion: Steve Stanford (#22, Who Dares Wins)
– ACCR Semi-Pro Champion: Adam Slater (#24, Lincolnshire Corvette)
– Page Motorsport British Champion: Mark Carnwell (#65, SRD International)
– Hoosier Racing Tires UK Open Champion: Nick Spicer (#1, All The Ones)
– ACCR Rookie Points Champion: Adam Slater (#24, Lincolnshire Corvette) & Paul Allen (#25, Lincolnshire Corvette)
– Apex Belting Eastern 400 Champion: Steve Stanford (#22, Who Dares Wins)
– SITR Midlands 400 Champion: Mark Carnwell (#65, SRD International)
– Pirtek International Champion: Juli Stanford (#11, All The Ones)
– Printex Scottish Champion: Nick Spicer (#1, All The Ones)
– Ashford Courtesy Cars Lydden Long track Championship Juli Stanford #11
– DW Commercial Vehicles Teams Champions: SAS Who Dares Wins ( Steve Stanford #22 & Michael Spicer #17)
– I-Factor Champion: Steve Stanford (#22, Who Dares Wins)
– Allcomers Winner: Joe Nickolls (#25)
– Best Improved Rookie: Darren Wood (#7)
– Sportsman/Promoter Award: Nick Spicer (#1, All The Ones)
– 360 Champion: Allen Hall (#77)
– Cup of Misfortune: Shuggy Brown (#2)
– Best Presented Car/Team: Paul Hinckley (#99, Rookies R Us)
– Driver of the year: Nick Spicer (#1, All The Ones)
Roll on 2020 Hallek Electrical Services ACC European Championship! Be sure to look our 2020 dates and news in the coming months! See you at the Motorsport With Attitude show in February!